Recently, I’ve felt my current podcast, Build and Analyze, getting stale and repetitive. We’ve had a great run, and I’ve greatly enjoyed doing it, but it has run its course. I’d rather end it now than slide into mediocrity — imagine if The Wire ended after season 4, Six Feet Under ended after season 3, or Arrested Development ended right before Michael met Rita.
Anyway, Dan Benjamin and I have agreed that the last episode of Build and Analyze will be December 17. Thank you to everyone who has listened, written, asked questions, and rated the show.
We’re in a golden age of geeky podcasting right now, especially thanks to 5by5 and the road that Dan paved with it, and there’s no shortage of other great developer-related podcasts. Some of my recent favorites, if you’re looking to satisfy your developer-podcast needs:
- Core Intuition: Solid Mac and iOS developer coverage.
- Developing Perspective: iOS developer topics, never longer than 15 minutes.
- Debug: Great new developer-interview show, including low-level technical discussion.
- Identical Cousins: Apple discussion and developer topics.
- CMD+SPACE: High-level interviews, often with developers and other geeks.
- In Beta: Android and open-source development.
- Unprofessional: For when you need a break from tech podcasts, but you still like tech people.
After Build and Analyze ends, I’d like to take a few weeks off for the holidays, be a guest on other shows, and then experiment with new shows, topics, and formats to try to figure out what I want to do next in the world of podcasting.
Build and Analyze has been a blast and a pleasure. Thank you.